International Forum of Visual Humour KARIKATURUM – 4
The Surgut Fine Arts Museum invites all artists irrespective of age and nationality to take part in the International Forum of Visual Humour KARIKATURUM – 4.
Topic: THE CHOICE
Every day makes us face a choice: from banal presents, future beloved wives and husbands, honey-mouthed deputies, captivating professions to…
And not only our present sentiments, but the whole of our future life may depend on the fidelity of this choice.
1. The deadline for entry is the 1st of September 2007.
2. Action period of the Jury is 10-12 of September 2007.
3. Opening of the Exhibition and the Rewarding Ceremony will be on the 12th of June 2008. The exhibition will be open till October 2008.
Grand Prix – the “Diamond Ushanka” – 3000 euro
The “Golden Ushanka” Prize – 2000 euro
The “Silver Ushanka” Prize – 1000 euro
The “Bronze Ushanka” Prize – 500 euro
The Prize by Department of Culture, Youth Policy and Sports - 500 euro
The Prize by the Surgut Fine Arts Museum – 300 euro
Three special prizes – each worth 100 euro
All prize-winners will receive diplomas.
According to legislation of Russian Federation prize money are taxable.
Yury Kosobukin (Ukraine), Branko Najhold (Serbia), Viktor Bogorad (Russia), Mikhail Zlatkovsky (Russia), Rudy Gheysens (Belgium), Vladimir Stepanov (Russia), Svetlana Kruglova (Russia).
· The organizes of the Forum provide the Primary Prize-Winners for trip to Surgut for the Rewarding Ceremony and back, and accommodation in Surgut.
· All participants are invited to the Opening of the Exhibition (trip and accommodation are at the expense of the participants).
· A catalogue will be issued as a result of the Forum. All the cartoonists whose works will be selected for the catalogue will receive a catalogue.
· The organizes and the sponsors of the Forum can institute some more special prizes after having received all the works.
· Only original works either new or having partaken in other competitions participate in the competition. The jury will not reward the cartoons which have won prizes in other competitions and Festivals. Creations sent by e-mail will not be accepted.
· Any style and technique is available.
· Size: from A4 (210х297) to A2 (420x590).
· Each cartoonist can submit a max of 5 original works.
· The works must be carefully packed up. All postal costs are borne by the participants. The Forum has no responsibility for any eventual damage during the sending of the works.
· The Form of the participant must be filled in with block letters. The works without the filled Form of the participant will not be accepted to the competition. On the back of each work the following information must appear: name of the author, address, telephone/fax number, e-mail, technique and materials used.
· Submitted cartoons will not be returned and will stay in the collection of the Surgut Fine Arts Museum. The works can be exhibited in the halls of the Surgut Fine Arts Museum, other galleries to discretion of the Museum. The works may be displayed at the Museum website.
· The organizers keep the right to publish and replicate the cartoons in the promotional pack of the Forum for promotional purposes of the Forum without feeing. The organizers promise to name the author and the county in all publications.
· All works are copyright. Each author is responsible of his own creation, the copyright of the eventual texts, titles and images belong to the creators.
· By submitting the works, the author accepts the rules and regulations of the Contest.
Tel./fax: +7 (3462) 51-68-16, 51-68-08, 51-68-12
KARIKATURUM – 4
International Forum of Visual Humour
The Surgut Fine Arts Museum,
21/2, 30 Let Pobedy Str.,
Surgut, Tyumen region, Russia, 628403
Click here for entry form
Back to Cartoon Contests