Еще раз о WORLD PRESS CARTOON и FECO Europe

Жалобы по поводу организации конкурсов карикатуры, ошибок жюри, злостных случаев плагиата.

Модератор: Andrey Feldshteyn

Еще раз о WORLD PRESS CARTOON и FECO Europe

Сообщение Andrey Feldshteyn » Пт янв 09, 2009 9:06 pm

Вот такое пришло письмо:

Dear Colleague Cartoonist:
For participate in an humour cartoon contest it is necessary to know if this contest is serious. THERE ARE CONTESTS THAT SCAM TO ARTISTS ... and also HUMOUR WEB PAGES that know this contests are not serious, and advertising it. (Both should be in a Black List)
I won second prize in world press cartoon, 2007, and until today, nearly two years later, they have not paid my prize money, and do not send me the trophy neither the catalogue they promise.
But yes I have received the solidarity of colleagues from around the world. They have put this information in their blogs and humour web pages.
I want to share with you the information of the colleague Rafael Ortiz, from Venezuela:
"On the blog of the recognized Portuguese writer, Oswaldo Macedo de Souza, for example, that information is published .. Please, see in the Internet: <http> .

WPC has been withdrawn from many web sites of humor around the world and placed in blacklist for not paying the prize that promises in its rules. You can read: "WORLD PRESS CARTOON ON THE BLACK LIST OF CARTOON CONTESTS",www.comics-stripovi-exyu.blogspot.com/2008/11/world-press-cartoon-on- black-list-of.html>.

The prestigious international magazine of graphic humour, Yeni Akrep (No. 75), publish one page about this subject, with the title: "WPC DO NOT PAY PRIZES AND THREATEN WINNING CARTOONIST" (www.yeniakrep.org)."

Thanks for the directors of these web pages for their solidarity and support.

However, there are other humor web pages who prefer to be accomplices with their silence. Even there are federations of cartoonists who have received the information from this bad competition and prefer silence, and support to the organizers who do not pay, such as FECO Europe, and others that we should put in black list because running competitions bad (misleading advertising) harming fellow participants, which could be swindled. They are the burocracy of cartoon.

Dear colleague: Only we, the artists participating in international cartoon competitions, we can enforce our work: I ask you not to send your artworks to world press cartoon, for the organizers are serious and they respect us.
Thank you for your solidarity.
Best regards,
Freddy Pibaque (Nacaro).
NOTE: I am grateful for the solidarity of all other SERIOUS HUMOR WEB PAGES that publish my info around the world, and delete wpc of his contests list.
Andrey Feldshteyn
http://www.cartoonblues.com
Andrey Feldshteyn

Сообщение Sergei Tunin » Сб янв 10, 2009 1:28 am

А я получил каталог 2007, обладатель первого приза швед Рибер в этом
же 2007-м тоже всё получил. просто колумбиец далековато живёт от
этого события...Туда не ходят поезда!
Sergei Tunin

Сообщение Геннадий Чегодаев » Сб янв 10, 2009 2:49 am

Участвовал в этом конкурсе в 2006-м. Каталог (довольно солидный, хорошо оформленный) прислали, перед высылкой связались со мной - уточнили адреса. Дело в том, что они посылают каталог не только автору картинки, но и редакции издания, опубликовавшей работу....
Вот здесь я допустил оплошность, за которую пришлось извиняться перед Степановым (я посылал картинку, которую Владимир поместил в своём журнале).
Так вот, я строго в соответствии с положением указал адрес редакции и фамилию главного редактора. Когда уточняли адреса - решил "исправиться" и указал координаты Степанова, но...
Каталог в Новосибирск тоже пришёл, ... но осел у главреда... (Короче, надо было сразу забить координаты Владимира, организатора конкурса, а главреду каталог только для "мебели" ...)
Да, ...сообщали и о получении работы, и о результатах... В общем, нет к ним ПРЕТЕНЗИЙ...
Всего доброго!
Геннадий Чегодаев

Сообщение Andrey Feldshteyn » Пт янв 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Да, я тоже участвовал в 2007-м и получил шикарно изданный каталог.

А вот официальный ответ организаторов на кампанию Freddy Pibaque (он же Nacaró):

Dear Sir,

Nacaró, awarded by the World Press Cartoon in 2007, is developing an intense defamatory campaign against this organization, based in false allegations and entirely absurd criticisms.

Nacaró, identified in the registration form as Freddy Pibaque, effectively was awarded, but all the attempts made to deliver the cash prize failed: international banking transference orders and postal mail was returned.

The details of this incident are explained in the letter (attached) that we sent in March 2008 to sites and federations of cartoonists after the first allegations were worldwide diffused by the artist.

After the persistence of Nacaró in producing very slanderous emails, we decided to assign to our lawyers further contacts, and a letter was mailed to him in October 2008 (attached).

The World Press Cartoon is launching in 2009 its fifth edition. In four years, we awarded 37 works of big quality with money prizes and trophies, and the cartoon of Nacaró is among them.

We invited all of the prize-winning authors to participate in the inauguration of the Exhibition and they received their prizes in public shows (twice aired by national television) designed specifically to honor the Cartoon and the Cartoonists. WPC supported all the costs of journey and stay of these authors (without exception neither discrimination: we invited to Sintra , Portugal, cartoonists from Argentina, Russia, Iran, France, Indonesia, Romania, Canada and many other countries of several continents).

And we paid to these authors over 220 thousand dollars in cash prizes.

This Salon exists to honor the Cartoon while artistic and journalistic expression and to honor his authors. The attempt to question our honesty is deeply unfair.

This defamatory campaign also penalizes, at last, the Editorial Cartoon and his creators since it is threatening the Management and the Sponsors of a serious Organization. Coherent with the positions that we always defended on behalf of the liberty of expression, we do not want to silence Nacaró. But it is impossible not to protect World Press Cartoon from such unworthy attacks.

António Antunes
Rui Paulo da Cruz
Pedro Pereira da Silva
World Press Cartoon

ANNEX 1

JANUARY 2008 | LETTER ADDRESSED TO SEVERAL RECIPIENTS OF NACARÓ COMPLAINTS

1. Freddy Pibaque was awarded, invited to come the Sintra to receive the prize, confirmed his trip (an e-ticket was issued), but never embarked and later we were informed he has changed address and country of residence (from Colombia to Venezuela ).

2.When finally the contact was retaken, WPC asked FP for the personal banking data to process the money transfer, in the strict terms of the regulation.

3. The inherent costs to the cancellation of the trip had been deducted in the value of the prize, since FP did not participate in the prize ceremony, after several confirmations of acceptance of our invitation.

4. The contacts with FP went on difficult and, at a certain point, the author informed WPC that he did not have a bank account to receive the prize. FP was not either in condition to provide a complete address in his new country of residence, in order to our international post supplier to deliver the trophy.

5. Finally, the 16th of November of 2007, FP sent to us the account data of a friend (in Colombia ) who could receive, in his behalf, the monetary prize. The 3th of December, a transfer order of 1285 euros was issued to our bank (final value after legal taxes in the European Union, in the terms of the regulation, and after the reimbursement of the e-ticket costs).

6. Therefore, the money should be now (in Colombia ) in the account of FP's friend, in the case they keep their friendship status unchanged…

About the lateral issues:

7. FP did not participate in WPC 2006, so it would be difficult to return artwork that we never received... For the same reason, we did not send the 2006 catalogue (that FP says that he received). But we had send the 2007 catalogue to the available address (in Venezuela ) of FP (but FP says that it did not receive)…

8. The trophy is here. Safe and kept for deliver, as soon as FP has a clear address in Colombia , Venezuela , or at any another place of this wonderful world.

To finish the clarification of this annoying incident, we should express our protest about FP using this way to complain, calumniating a serious and prestigious organization.

We exchanged with FP, throughout 2007, many and many emails. It is a pity that he has send this last one for so many colleagues, before getting accurate and up to date information from WPC.

If he wants to, FP is welcome to participate again in the 2008 edition of WPC. He's welcome and will be attended with fairness and warmth. As all the other cartoonists that, since 2005, helped us to make this Salon one of the best of the world!

ANNEX 2 | LETTER SENT TO NACARÓ BY WPC LAWYERS

Exmo. Senhor,

Venho, pela presente, na qualidade de mandatário da World Press Cartoon, informa-lo que, de futuro, todos os assuntos pendentes que existem entre si e o meu Cliente passarão a ser tratados directamente por mim.

Adianto que, o prémio que lhe foi atribuído está disponível para entrega na seguinte morada:

Av. 5 de Outubro, n.º 204, 10 andar, 1050-065 Lisboa, Portugal, poderá levantá-lo mediante data e hora a combinar previamente.

Informo ainda que, V.Exa. deverá abster-se de todo e qualquer comentário falso que põe em causa o bom-nome do meu Cliente, sob pena de lhe intentar a competente acção judicial, de modo a ressarcir os interesses do meu Cliente.

Em consequência, aconselho que, efectue um pedido de desculpas formais para todas as entidades e pessoas que foram alvo dos comentários menos próprios, da boa imagem e do bom-nome do meu Cliente, por parte de V.Exa.

Sem mais nenhum assunto de momento,

Subscrevo-me,
Alexandre Wanzeller
Advogado
Av. Alvares Cabral, 47 - R/c, 1250-059 Portugal - Tel. + 351 21 381 46 40 - Fax + 351 21 381 46 41
awanzeller@saw-ip.com

(Translation: As lawyer of the World Press Cartoon, I inform you that all of the pending matters that exist among you and my Client will be directly managed by myself. I also inform that the prize that was awarded to you is available for delivery in the following address: Av. 5 de Outubro, 204, 10th floor, 1050-065 Lisbon , Portugal . You should abstain completely to produce any false comment that threatens the good-name of my Client, under the risk of legal suit and consequent compensation of the damaged interests of my Client. I advise you to present formal excuses to all the institutions and individuals that were aimed by your slanderous comments.)
Andrey Feldshteyn
http://www.cartoonblues.com
Andrey Feldshteyn

Сообщение Sergei Tunin » Пт янв 16, 2009 4:08 pm

Любопытно, станет ли колумбиец извиняться?
Sergei Tunin

Сообщение Christo Komarnitski » Пн янв 19, 2009 10:03 am

António Antunes заслужаеть только аплодисменты для организации етого конкурса - один из лучших в мире.
Christo Komarnitski

Сообщение Dubovsky Sachko » Пн мар 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Я тоже имею 3 красочных каталога и медаль,которую получил у них
в 2006...
Экспресс почта-с доставкой на дом...
Просто судя по всему-денежные призёры должны быть непосредственно на вручении...
Dubovsky Sachko

Вернуться в Черный список